Photolab is considered one of the best photography workshops in Europe. It was founded by Nikos Aktidis in 1979 and after years he passed it to his son, Stratos, who utterly succeeded in his field!
The lab offers printing on any material (aluminum, plexiglass, etc.), using new generation machines of equal quality of the technology that the largest laboratories utilize worldwide.
The quality of Photolab’s work has been appreciated not only by eminent photographers but also by museums, groups and institutions such as the Benaki Museum, the Acropolis Museum, while Olympiacos has entrusted to the workshop the digital processing of all its photographic material!
One of Prada’s Product Manager has praised Photolab ιn one of her recent visits, marking it as one of the best workshops she has ever visited. This is a challenge itself!
Photolab’s website, miraculously, needed to be unique and to be surrounded by personalized artwork which had to follow a code that would make it better, offering valuable user benefits.
By researching the international design trends, we ended up designing a one-page, modern concept website design with rich content, applying Parallax Effect all over the website and effects that highlight the site every time the mouse hovers over an element. Choosing a hero image seemed very a simplistic solution for what we had envisioned, so we chose to display a full-width video background when the user entered the site.
- We’ve implemented an intro mechanism to hide the incomplete content until the page is fully loaded and a loading bar appears with the company’s Welcoming Logo.
- We placed a navigation menu, which has a sliding-effect-hide-function when the user does not need it.
- Smooth scrolling application: Smooth transmission with gradual scrolling until the content is aligned on the center of the user’s screen on the height of their eyes.
- Responsiveness of the page to the window width up to a certain level (800px).
- Detection of mobile or tablet devices and automatic redirection of the browser to Photolab / mobile.
Awwwards, in its awards for the best creative agencies, developers, web designers and professionals, has distinguished Photolab_ Athens for the innovative design of its website, awarding it with honorary distinction.
Digital4u’s work was honoured with Honorable Mention, among thousands of international sites that participated, claiming a place in the annual issue of the recognized <> for 2014.